YouTube is the world’s largest video sharing site and the second largest search engine. It is also a social network, with a large and vibrant commuity of active users.
YouTube receives over five billion views per day with over one billion unique users per month. Even though these inviduals are not necessarily going to purchase products or services, they are going there specifically to watch videos to learn how to get information on how to perform specific tasks or to be entertained.
If you’re able to produce engaging content that is aimed at your target audience, you are putting yourself in prime position to generate qualified leads, increase awareness and build your brand, especially because you’re more likely to get your video ranked in the search engines.
In the following article by Phil Nottingham, he discusses the marketing benefits of a YouTube channel and what most businesses can expect to gain from leveraging YouTube as a marketing channel:
The Marketing Value of YouTube
The author’s views are entirely his or her own (excluding the unlikely event of hypnosis) and may not always reflect the views of Moz.
One of the earliest questions considered by any business, large or small, investing in video marketing will certainly be, “Should I have a YouTube channel?”
The answer: probably.
…..but it depends on the type of business you are, the kind of content you’re creating and the goals you have for your videos.
In this post, I’m going to expand on that answer and outline the core values most businesses can hope to gain from YouTube as a marketing channel – detailing how those values can best be achieved, and by inference, when YouTube is an appropriate platform to host your videos.
What can YouTube do for me?
YouTube is an interesting beast to varying degrees: a search engine, a hosting service, an advertising platform, a social network, and a community site.
Yet, it’s identity from a user perspective is that it’s much less convoluted. The main reason people go to YouTube: to find and watch videos on the internet.
YouTube is like “Inbound TV.”
No matter how users get to YouTube – through Google universal search, via social media or by navigating directly to youtube.com in their browser – the intent is the same: watch a video.
In the following article, Lisa D. Jenkins has curated a diverse variety of helpful articles and resources to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers use YouTube channels, video, ads, analysis, and more for business.
YouTube for Business: The Ultimate YouTube Marketing Guide
If you’re new to YouTube business options or want to add something new to your current YouTube marketing plan, this page is for you.
Here, you’ll find articles and resources to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced marketers use YouTube channels, video, ads, analysis, and more for business.
Optimize My Channel and Videos on YouTube
- How do I create a successful YouTube channel? Learn how to set up and optimize your YouTube channel so it shows up in search and suggested videos.
- How do increase YouTube Watch Time? Discover how to set up your YouTube videos to increase the number of views your channel generates and also deliver longer viewing sessions.
- How do I get more viewers for my YouTube videos? Find five ways to increase the likelihood that your YouTube videos will be noticed and watched by your target customer.
- How do I grow my YouTube channel? Learn how to produce algorithm-friendly YouTube content, attract viewers and keep them watching.
- How do I get my videos to rank on YouTube? Discover how views, comments, and referrals from outside YouTube boost a video’s ranking and find out how help your videos appear as suggested videos and rank well in search results.
Advertise on YouTube
- How do I start using YouTube ads? Discover how to run ads on others’ YouTube videos, as well as get paid to let others run their ads on your videos.
- How do I retarget people on YouTube? Find out how to combine search, shopping, and YouTube options to build target audiences that convert.
- How do I use my Google Adwords account to promote my YouTube videos? Discover how to link Google AdWords with your YouTube channel, so you can run better campaigns.
- How can I improve the targeting of my YouTube ads? Find five ways Google AdWords targeting can improve delivery of your YouTube video ads.
In the following video by video influencers, here are 7 tips on how to grow your YouTube channel when you are just starting out with 0 subscribers and 0 views!