Yahoo Answers is one of the oldest, largest and most popular knowledge-sharing community on the web. It is also a powerful marketing platform that you can use to position yourself as an expert in your niche.
Today, you’re going to learn why Yahoo Answers can be a very powerful addition to your online marketing toolbox.
By allowing you to post useful and helpful answers to people in your target market, Yahoo Answers offer an excellent platform that you can use to establish your reputation, build authority, increase brand awareness, drive targeted traffic to your website and generate a powerful backlink from one of the most popular search engines in the world.
How Yahoo Answers Works
Yahoo Answers allows you ask a question, answer a question, vote on a question and post comments on other people’s responses. You can search for niche-specific questions using keywords that are relevant to your field.
Depending on how many niches you’ve involved in, you might find yourself answering a diverse range of questions from various categories and groups.
And in case you’re wondering whether Yahoo Answers has a large enough base to generate meaningful results for your business, Yahoo Answers has over 21 million unique users in the United States and 90 million users worldwide. Furthermore, in the last six months alone, the site has generated 121.96 million visits.
Here are a few tips to generate relevant traffic from Yahoo Answers
- Focus on answering fresh questions posted within the last three or four hours.
- It’s important that you add genuine value in your answer. Aim to provide the best answer to the question when answering questions that are related to your industry.
- Be sure to check out answers that have been chosen as the best answer so that you can learn from them.
- Try to include your keyword naturally in your answers. Yahoo Answers is ranked very high in search, so if a particular question with your answer gets ranked for a keyword, it will result in additional traffic. It will also increase your organic ranking on Google for that keyword. You need to be very careful here because if your answer sounds contrived and receives a complaint, it may be removed.
- Make sure that you are absolutely sure about what you’re saying when you answer a question. If you are unsure about an answer, take some time to research the topic before you answer. Note that it is not possible to edit your answer once it has been published.
- Whenever you post a website link in the source box, make sure the URL sounds similar to the topic in question.
- Answer each question as thoroughly as you can. Studies show that the answers that get selected as the top answer are often the longest and most specific answers.
- The more questions you answer, the more traffic you’ll be able to drive to your website.
- Google indexes your answers, and will give you credit for the backlink, so it is important to answer as many questions as you can each day.
- If you have a blog that is very relevant to a question, let people know that you have written a blog on the topic and ask them to check it out.
- Be sure to subscribe to the Yahoo RSS feed. You’ll receive a list of recently asked questions in your niche that are still available to be answered.
- Don’t copy and paste your answers. If you have 2 questions that are similar, you need to modify one of the answers to ensure it is unique.
You’ll receive 2 points for every answer, and 10 points for getting chosen as the best answer. You can also get an additional point for every answer that you vote on.
Adding a clickable link to your Yahoo Answers can have a very powerful impact on your SEO. However, before you can add a clickable link to your answers, you need to get to level 4. However, the link is dofollow, and coming from Yahoo, it is a very powerful link. It is given a lot of weighting by Google because it’s not easy to get. It is really worth the effort. .